There are several side dishes that go well with fried fish:
1. French fries or sweet potato fries
2. Coleslaw or a fresh green salad
3. Cornbread or hush puppies
4. Baked beans or corn on the cob
5. Rice pilaf or mashed potatoes
6. Roasted vegetables or steamed veggies
7. Tartar sauce or cocktail sauce
8. Lemon wedges or tartar sauce for dipping.
Know More About: what sides go with fried fish
One of the most delightful and widely enjoyed dishes around the world is fried fish. Whether you prefer a crispy beer-battered haddock or a spicy Cajun catfish, fried fish is a versatile and flavorful meal that can satisfy any seafood lover’s cravings. However, to truly elevate this dish and create a well-rounded meal, it is essential to pair it with the perfect sides. In this article, we will explore a variety of delectable accompaniments that complement fried fish beautifully, offering a delightful symphony of flavors and textures.
1. Coleslaw: A classic side dish that adds a refreshing and crunchy element to any fried fish meal is coleslaw. The tangy and creamy dressing complements the crispy exterior of the fish perfectly, while the shredded cabbage provides a satisfying contrast of textures.
2. French Fries: Inarguably the most beloved partner for fried fish, french fries offer a comforting and familiar taste that satisfies everyone’s cravings. Whether you prefer thin and crispy shoestring fries or thick-cut wedges, these golden treasures are a match made in heaven for any fried fish.
3. Hush Puppies: These little balls of deep-fried cornmeal batter are an absolute must-have when it comes to fried fish. Hush puppies are flavorful, tender, and slightly sweet, making them the perfect side to balance the savory and crispy nature of the fish.
4. Rice Pilaf: For a more substantial side dish option, consider serving fried fish with a fragrant rice pilaf. The savory flavors of the pilaf, often accompanied by aromatic herbs and spices, provide an excellent contrast to the crispy fish, creating a satisfying and well-rounded meal.
5. Cornbread: If you’re looking for a traditional Southern twist to your fried fish meal, cornbread is the answer. Its slightly sweet and crumbly texture adds a delightful contrast to the crunchy fish, creating a harmonious blend of flavors that will satisfy both your sweet and savory cravings.
6. Salad: A light and refreshing salad can be an excellent addition to balance out the richness of fried fish. Choose fresh greens such as spinach or arugula and toss them with a tangy vinaigrette. Add some cherry tomatoes, thinly sliced red onions, and a handful of toasted nuts for added crunch and flavor.
7. Fried Plantains: For those seeking a taste of the tropics, fried plantains are an ideal choice. These sweet and caramelized slices of ripe plantains complement the savory fish perfectly, providing a burst of tropical flavors and adding a touch of exotic flair to your meal.
8. Tartar Sauce: Although not technically a side dish, tartar sauce is an essential condiment that simply cannot be overlooked when serving fried fish. The creamy and tangy flavors of this classic sauce enhance the taste of the fish, elevating the overall experience with each bite.
In conclusion, pairing the perfect sides with fried fish is crucial to create a well-balanced and satisfying meal. From classic options like coleslaw and french fries to more adventurous choices like hush puppies and fried plantains, there is no shortage of delectable accompaniments that will elevate your fried fish experience. So, dive into the world of flavors, get creative, and enjoy the symphony of tastes that come together when mixing and matching these delightful sides with your favorite fried fish.
FAQs on what sides go with fried fish
1. What are some traditional sides that go well with fried fish?
Some traditional sides that pair nicely with fried fish are French fries, coleslaw, hush puppies, cornbread, and potato salad.
2. Are there any healthier alternatives to traditional sides for fried fish?
Yes, there are plenty of healthier options available. Consider serving a side of steamed vegetables, roasted sweet potatoes, or a fresh green salad with a light vinaigrette.
3. Can I serve fried fish with rice?
Absolutely! Rice is a versatile side dish that can complement fried fish beautifully. Whether you choose to serve steamed white rice or flavorful Spanish rice, it will make for a delicious combination.
4. What about pasta? Can I serve fried fish with pasta?
Yes, you can serve fried fish with pasta. Opt for lighter pasta dishes like spaghetti aglio e olio or lemon garlic linguine to balance out the richness of the fish.
5. Are there any side dishes that are particularly popular with seafood enthusiasts?
Seafood enthusiasts often enjoy pairing fried fish with dishes like crab cakes, shrimp cocktail, or clam chowder.
6. Can I serve fried fish with salad?
Yes, fried fish can be accompanied by a refreshing salad. Opt for a salad with a tangy dressing, such as a Caesar salad or a mixed greens salad with a lemon vinaigrette.
7. What sides can I choose for a fish taco feast?
For a fish taco feast, ideal sides include Mexican rice, black beans, pico de gallo, guacamole, and tortilla chips.
8. Can I serve fried fish with a side of tartar sauce?
Yes, tartar sauce is a popular condiment to serve alongside fried fish. It adds a tangy and slightly creamy flavor that complements the fish well.
9. What type of bread pairs nicely with fried fish?
Crusty bread like baguette or ciabatta can be a great choice to accompany fried fish. You can use it to make sandwiches or as a side for dunking in soups or sauces.
10. Can I serve fried fish with fruit?
While fruit is not a typical side dish for fried fish, you can still experiment with flavors. Grilled pineapple or mango salsa can add a tropical twist to your meal, balancing the savory taste of the fish with a hint of sweetness.