To fish in Ark: Survival Evolved, follow these steps:
1. Crafting a Fishing Rod: First, you need to craft a Fishing Rod. To do this, you will need 40 fibers, 15 wood, and 18 thatch. Once you have the required resources, head to your inventory or a crafting station, and choose the Engrams tab. Locate the Fishing Rod engram and learn it. Then, you can craft the Fishing Rod using the required resources.
2. Bait: Next, you will need bait to attract fish. There are various types of bait you can use, including Raw Meat, Sap, Leech Blood, and Honey. Each bait type attracts different types of fish, so choose what you want to catch. Once you have the bait in your inventory, proceed to the next step.
3. Find a Fishing Spot: Now that you have your Fishing Rod and bait, you need to find a suitable fishing spot. Look for water bodies such as lakes, rivers, or oceans. Stand near the water’s edge to proceed to the next step.
4. Equip the Fishing Rod: Open your inventory and equip the Fishing Rod by dragging it to your hotbar or directly clicking on it. Ensure that you have the correct bait in your inventory.
5. Cast the Fishing Rod: Stand near the water and press the corresponding hotkey or button to cast the Fishing Rod. The bait will be consumed, and your fishing line will be cast into the water.
6. Wait for a Bite: Patience is key while fishing. Wait for a fish to bite. You will see a message on your screen indicating that you got a bite.
7. Reeling in the Fish: Once you get a bite, press the hotkey or button again to start reeling in the fish. You need to time your reeling correctly to avoid snapping the line. Pay attention to the tension meter and adjust your reeling speed accordingly.
8. Catching the Fish: Continue reeling in the fish until it is caught. A successful catch will reward you with various resources, including fish meat, oil, or other valuable items.
Note: Fishing in Ark can be affected by various factors, such as the depth of the water, time of day, and bait used. Experiment with different locations and bait types to increase your chances of catching different fish varieties or more valuable items.
Remember to be cautious of any nearby predators that might attack you while you fish.
Know More About: how to fish in ark
Fishing is an essential skill in the popular survival game, Ark: Survival Evolved. It not only provides an excellent source of food, but it also offers valuable resources like pearls, oil, and even rare fish. However, fishing in Ark can be quite tricky if you’re unfamiliar with the mechanics. In this guide, we’ll cover everything you need to know to successfully fish in Ark, ensuring you never go hungry again.
Firstly, let’s discuss the tools required for fishing. To start your fishing adventure, you’ll need three essential items: a Fishing Rod, Fishing Bait, and a Crossbow. The Fishing Rod can be crafted at the Smithy or purchased from certain traders. Next, you’ll need bait to attract the fish. There are various types of bait available in Ark, including Leech Blood, Sap, Giant Bee Honey, and even simple Raw Meat. Experiment with different baits to see what works best for your desired catch. Lastly, the Crossbow is used to reel in your line after you’ve hooked a fish.
Now that you have the necessary items, the next step is finding a suitable fishing spot. When searching for a location, keep in mind that certain areas are more abundant in fish than others. Look for rivers, lakes, and oceans where you can spot fish jumping out of the water. Additionally, some biomes offer unique fish species, so exploring the world of Ark will reward you with a diverse range of catches.
Once you’ve chosen your fishing spot, equip your Fishing Rod and bait. To cast your line, right-click (or click the appropriate button), aiming for an area where you’ve noticed fish activity. After casting, be patient and wait for the fish to bite. You’ll notice a slight tug on the line, indicated by your screen shaking and a sound cue. It’s important not to reel in immediately; instead, give the fish some time to fully bite the bait.
Once you feel a solid tug, it’s time to reel in your catch! Switch to your Crossbow as quickly as possible and right-click (or press the appropriate button) to reel in the line. Be careful not to reel too quickly, as this can cause the line to break. It’s a delicate balance between reeling too slow and giving the fish a chance to escape and reeling too fast and snapping the line.
Successfully reeling in a fish rewards you with a variety of items. Common catches might provide you with Raw Fish or Raw Meat, which can be used for cooking or taming creatures. Rarer fish species can provide useful resources like Pearls, Oil, and even Element Dust. These resources are in high demand in Ark, making fishing a lucrative activity.
Lastly, keep in mind that fishing in Ark has a time limit. The effectiveness of your bait decreases over time, so be prepared to recast your line if you haven’t had any bites within a few minutes. Additionally, your Fishing Rod has durability, which decreases with each use. Repair or craft a new one once it reaches low durability to ensure your fishing adventures continue uninterrupted.
With these tips and tricks, you’re now ready to embark on a successful fishing expedition in Ark: Survival Evolved. From catching delicious fish for sustenance to obtaining valuable resources, fishing adds a new element to gameplay. Remember to explore different locations, experiment with various baits, and hone your reeling skills to become a seasoned angler in the world of Ark. Happy fishing!
FAQs on how to fish in ark
1. Q: How do I start fishing in Ark?
A: To begin fishing, you need to craft a Fishing Rod and acquire some bait, such as Leech Blood or Sap.
2. Q: What materials are required to craft a Fishing Rod?
A: To craft a Fishing Rod, you will need 40 wood, 15 thatch, and 20 fiber.
3. Q: Where can I find bait for fishing?
A: Leech Blood can be obtained by killing Leeches, while Sap can be gathered from trees using a Tree Tap or from Giant Bee Hives.
4. Q: How do I attract fish to my fishing spot?
A: You can use a Fish Basket with bait inside to attract fish to a particular area. Place the basket in shallow water.
5. Q: What kind of fish can I catch in Ark?
A: There are various species of fish in Ark, including Coelacanths, Piranhas, Sabertooth Salmon, and the highly valuable and rare Leedsichthys.
6. Q: What are the benefits of fishing in Ark?
A: Fishing is an excellent way to obtain resources like Raw Fish Meat, Prime Fish Meat (from larger catches), and a chance to find valuable Fish Meat for taming. Additionally, it provides a source of relaxation and a break from the usual gameplay.
7. Q: How can I improve my fishing efficiency in Ark?
A: You can increase your fishing efficiency by using higher quality Fishing Rods and better bait, such as Leech Blood instead of Sap.
8. Q: Are there any special fishing spots in Ark?
A: Yes, Ark has designated fishing hotspots that yield better catches. These hotspots are identifiable by visible ripples in the water and can be found in various locations across different maps.
9. Q: How do I reel in a fish after getting a bite?
A: Once you feel a bite on your fishing line, press the left mouse button or the corresponding button on your controller to start reeling in the fish. Be careful not to reel too quickly, as it can cause the line to snap.
10. Q: Can I fish from a boat or while riding a dinosaur?
A: Yes, fishing can be done from both boats and while riding certain aquatic dinosaurs, such as the Sarco or the Baryonyx. This allows for a unique fishing experience and increased mobility while seeking out the best catches.